Tuesday, December 11, 2012

So do you think Jesus likes to Spoon?

 Got your attention?  :-)  I am opening with today's excerpt from my daily devotional Jesus Calling!  It is written as if Jesus is directly talking to you backed by scripture below.  Enjoy!


I am working on your behalf!  Bring me all your concerns, including your dreams.  Talk with Me about everything, letting the Light of My Presence shine on your hopes and plans.  Spend time allowing My Light to infuse your dreams with life, gradually transforming them into reality.  This is the very practical way of collaborating with Me.  I, the Creator of the Universe, have designed to co-create with you.  Do not try and hurry this process.  If you want to work with Me, you have to accept My time frame.  Hurry is not in My nature.  Abraham and Sarah had to wait many years for the fulfillment of My promise, a son.  How their long wait intensified their enjoyment of their child!  Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, perceiving as real fact what is not revealed in the senses. Psalm 36:9, Genesis 21:1-7, Hebrews 11:1

How great is that??  Or how frustrating???  HA!  Depending how long in your "wait" you are huh? 5 minutes..not so bad...5 days..nah...5 years..Where are you God???  It's hard!  I think we are in our 5th year in the midst of Category 5 Hurricane Bryson.  It calms and then rages..and then rages again..Now....finally...we are in this place where we are in utter dependence on the Lord.  Got told yesterday our case isn't priority...Huge Wave.  Looking for flights to send Bryson to his father's for Christmas...Crash..Wave to the face.  Well we finally surrendered to Jesus sleeping in our boat and have taken up residence next to him..Pulled up that comfy pillow and are trying to get a little shut eye ourselves.  Gonna make a Jesus sandwich!  HA! Right there in the middle of our "wait" and the middle of our raging storm!    Praise God for Him sleeping in that boat!  Now I may need a little Benadryl to help me sleep..But that's okay!  I consider you guys my Benadryl..Constant prayer my Benadryl...Crying and leaning on God my Benadryl but guys I am sleeping finally and waiting...  It's nice over here!  Whatever happens Jesus is sleeping so he isn't worried so why should I.  I have a promise of victory and of healing and it will be worth the wait! 


Love you guys and hope you have a great wave less day...but if they come..put on one of those awesome dollar tree ponchos and get a little wet.  God's got ya!


HUGS


No comments:

Post a Comment